I will build with, in, and for the community.
Build healthy and secure communities
- Implement a single-payer universal healthcare system in Minnesota.
- Fight for reproductive and gender justice in healthcare including expanding access to birth control, trans therapy, and affordable reproductive healthcare—including childbirth, post-partum, abortions, and long-term birth control procedures. Address disparities in maternal and infant mortality.
- Reduce carbon emissions with a goal of 85% renewable energy by 2035, provide support to cities for mandated lead testing, fight back against the Line 3 Pipeline and dangerous mining in Northern Minnesota, and provide reparations for communities harmed by environmental racism.
- Address the opioid crisis from a public health perspective by:
- holding the pharmaceutical industry accountable.
- funding culturally-competent treatment programs that don’t separate families,
- and investing in harm reduction strategies such as safe injection sites.
- Develop cross-jurisdictional strategies to expand safe harbor protections to adult women victims of sex trafficking and make sex work safe and legal.
Create fair access to democracy and citizenship
- Expand voter access by increasing early voting and vote-by-mail programs and creating automatic voter registration.
- Provide driver’s licenses for all Minnesotans regardless of immigration status, expand protections and support for Sanctuary Cities and Counties, and protect the Minnesota DREAM Act.
Shape an equitable economy
- Pass a statewide $15/hr minimum wage.
- Raise taxes on the wealthiest Minnesotans to fund investments in infrastructure, education, transit, and housing.
- Protect collective bargaining rights and fight against ‘Right to Work’ legislation, oppose captive audience training, clarify definition of seasonal vs. temporary workers
- Provide student loan debt relief.
- Fight for affordable housing by:
- implementing a tenant’s bill of rights,
- passing a bonding bill to fund affordable housing and public housing,
- increasing rental assistance programs,
- repealing the statewide preemption on local efforts to stabilize rents.
Practice restorative, not criminal, justice
- Fully legalize recreational marijuana and:
- Release all those incarcerated on marijuana-related offenses,
- Create a pathway to record expungement,
- Prioritize access to the legal cannabis industry for victims of the war on drugs.
- Restore voting rights to the 47,000 felons in the state of Minnesota.
- Fight discrimination against former felons by passing ‘ban the box’ for rental applications.
- End cash bail.
- Shut down private prisons and ban the creation of new private prisons.
- Expand diversionary and restorative justice programs.
Provide all children access to high quality, attainable schools
- Fully fund public schools and expand wrap-around services—physical and mental health, counseling, out-of-school programming.
- Increase funding for the Child Care Assistance Program.
- Fund all-day prekindergarten for all Minnesotan children.
- Support healthy sexual education programs and affirmative consent policies.
- Tuition-free higher education at all Minnesota public universities and colleges.